How do I get registered as a US 501(c)(3) with the IRS?

Silver imac

How do I get registered as a US 501(c)(3) with the IRS?The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is the federal agency responsible for tax collection and enforcement. In order to be recognized as a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, your organization must apply with the IRS and be granted tax-exempt status.

The first step in applying for 501(c)(3) status is to obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS. You can apply for an EIN online, by mail, or by fax. Once you have obtained your EIN, you will need to complete Form 1023, Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.

Form 1023 is a lengthy form, and you will need to provide detailed information about your organization, its purpose, and its finances. You will also need to submit financial statements and an IRS Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt From Income Tax.

The IRS will review your application and supporting documentation and make a determination on whether to grant your organization tax-exempt status. If your application is approved, you will receive a letter from the IRS confirming your tax-exempt status and outlining any conditions or requirements that must be met in order to maintain your exemption.

If you have any questions about the application process, you can contact the IRS at 1-877-829-5500.

Web and Graphic Design in Maryland