Ten things to Blog about so you can get found
Your website is the place people come to find out about you, the products you sell, or the services you provide. In order to find you, your website needs to show up in their web searches. One way to accomplish this is to show the search engines that you know your business and that you are actively adding content to your site.
One of the best ways to accomplish this is by adding blog posts. What should you add? Here is a list of ten things you might want to consider writing about.
- What makes you different from your competitors? What is your unique selling position or skill that gives them a reason to choose you?
- Guidance for people who want to buy your product or service. What do they need to know before they buy? What questions can you answer for them?
- Most business blogs contain company news, which is not interesting to most readers. However, when used sparingly together with other excellent content, they offer a great insight into the nature of the business.
- What you’ve accomplished in business. It’s important to acknowledge your achievements, but remember that you shouldn’t be boastful.
- How your business started. People love a good story. As you grow your business, let your readers know where you came from. Share the good, the bad, and the ugly. Be transparent and let them know how you got to where you are.
- Share what tools you use to grow your business. Do you listen to any good podcasts, read good books, etc. Let people know how you grow you.
- A great way to showcase your expertise in your field is to create a resource list. These can be set on a page or in a blog post. Visitors love these especially if they are tailored to what they need help with the most.
- Lists are loved by readers, which is why bloggers love to write them. You can take advantage of this by creating lists based on your business or related subjects.
- Guest posts are a way for other experts in your field to share their perspectives. You can offer to write one for them as a way to thank them.
- Write about what you love, even if it doesn’t have anything to do with your product or service. Let them get to know you and your passions.
Adding posts will let people know you and help you show up in relevant search results. Have other ideas? Please share them with us.
Phil is the owner and principal designer and developer at All Saints Media. He has been in the industry for over 20 years and enjoys working with clients from a variety of industries.
Phil is a 1995 graduate of Cedarville University. He has a Bachelors in History. He received his Masters in Biblical Studies from Antietam Bible Seminary in 2007. Along with being a web and graphic designer, Phil is the senior pastor at First Baptist Church of Brunswick, MD.
Phil is married, and is the father of 5 beautiful children.